I am always looking for a good chicken recipe. We usually have chicken two or three times a week. I usually end up making family favorites like baked chicken pieces with mashed potatoes and gravy, BBQ chicken with mac & cheese, stir-fry chicken with penne pasta, etc. I can’t get too fancy because my family doesn’t like when I cook with wine or exotic spices. I got this yummy recipe from my sister, and it will definitely be added to my favorites. I forgot to take my own photo, so this photo and original recipe is from Hellman’s, but we changed the measurements a bit and she put a twist on it by adding the chicken gravy. So, you can make this with or without the gravy. Either way, it’s absolutely delicious.
- 1 15 oz. can chicken gravy (I use Heinz HomeStyle Classic)
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts (1 per person)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s)
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pour gravy into a casserole dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts. Lay chicken breasts on top of gravy.
- In a small bowl, mix equal amounts of mayonnaise and parmesan cheese together. Spread mixture to cover top of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle generously with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bake approx. 30-45 minutes, until it is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve with vegetable and pasta, potatoes or rice. Serves 4.
Tell us what you think!
Please leave a comment and let us know if you liked this recipe.
Do you have a favorite inexpensive and easy recipe that you’d like to share? If so, please use the comment box below and leave a link that goes directly to your recipe. Also, please add a link back to Susan’s Musings.
Latest posts by Susan (see all)
- My Second 5-Gallon Bucket Garden – Tomatoes, Red Bells, Green Beans and Herbs - June 25, 2016
- Roasted Eggplant Parmesan – Plus a couple of simple low carb recipes with Eggplant! - September 16, 2015
- Cauliflower Mac & Cheese - August 21, 2015